• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loading levels with lights...

This topic is 5066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i am currently using direct x model files for my levels, models etc... and just thought of something. I am going to be having a lot of lights in my game, and i dont know how i am going to somehow "load" the light locations and attributes using my current file type. I could switch to an alternative file type for, maybe, just my levels, so that i can include the light locations. Im just searching for ways i could maybe load a file that includes light positions... perhalps i could load a specialized x file with light information, but at this moment i am using 3ds max 5 to export my models and levels, so i dont know how i would go about doing this. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Chris [edited by - pirosan on April 9, 2004 8:52:32 PM]

Advertisement
I am having the same problem too right now. I thought of a few solutions but have not gotten around to testing them yet. I just thought of 1 right now though.

Have a triangle inside 3ds max with a certain texture, call it light or something. Then as you are looping through the texture file names as you grab them from the X file make a light. As I said I just thought of this literally 10 seconds ago and haven''t tested it yet but it''s worth a try.

I''m sure someone out there has a better idea though.

• Advertisement