• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

socketx

C++ Winsock Server/Client Chat Problem

This topic is 5245 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello GameDev. I have a "C++ Winsock Server/Client Chat Problem". My app can recieve once from the server, send once... and thats it. Another attempt to read the data only returns the data from the previouse request. I want to comeplete the following login proceedure: Client[<-]Server - "220 FTP Service Ready" Client[->]Server - "USER test" Client[<-]Server - "331 Password required for test." Client[->]Server - "PASS password" Client[<-]Server - "230 User test logged in." ...but for some reason the socket keeps returning the first response: Client[<-]Server - "220 FTP Service Ready" Client[->]Server - "USER test" Client[<-]Server - "220 FTP Service Ready" Client[->]Server - "PASS password" Client[<-]Server - "220 FTP Service Ready" Do I have to execute some more api to clean up after the last read, or do I have to use that nastey Sync stuff and reformat all of my code? Hope someone can help me... -Rich [edited by - socketx on April 10, 2004 11:53:53 AM]

Advertisement
I''m trying to write a FTP Brute Force plugin for Angry IP Scanner....

http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/

I am modifying the source of the HTTP Server header plugin (outputs the HTTPD running on port 80 of each scanned IP, e.g IIS/5.0).

http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/plugins/web_detect_src.zip

At the moment all I want is to complete a single login attempt. Recieve and discard the FTP servers greeting ("220 FTP Service Ready"), send login details ("USER test"), get response ("331 Password required for test."), send password ("PASS password"), and output the response ("230 User test logged in." or fail).
But... after I send the username, the socket still returns the greeting data "220 FTP Service Ready", although new data was sent.

Maybe this will make sense of my first post.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!