• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzer

need a pro to help

This topic is 5247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I checked all the files and am still receiving the following message. A while ago I had everything up and running without coming across this problem. Then I formatted my hard disk and began reinstalling everything and now I can''t get passed this. The only thing different is that I have the latest Directx, but to my knowledge the upgrade should have no effect on older programs. I checked the error code on msdn but there are too many things that this error code can represent, so I can''t figure out the solution. Hopefully someone out there can provide some good insight. --------------------Configuration: 1steps - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... d3dapp.cpp d3dfont.cpp d3dutil.cpp dxutil.cpp Linking... d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float __cdecl DXUtil_Timer(enum TIMER_COMMAND)" (?DXUtil_Timer@@YAMW4TIMER_COMMAND@@@Z) Debug/1steps.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.

Advertisement
DXUtil_Timer is based in D3DApp.cpp / DXUtil.cpp (with the SDK), isn't it? Have you included that?

EDIT: I mean compiled/linked.

[edited by - downgraded on April 9, 2004 12:56:45 AM]

If you mean compile and link seperately and away from any other programming the following happens:

--------------------Configuration: d3dapp - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float __stdcall DXUtil_Timer(enum TIMER_COMMAND)" (?DXUtil_Timer@@YGMW4TIMER_COMMAND@@@Z)
d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate8@4
d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl D3DUtil_SetDeviceCursor(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,struct HICON__ *)" (?D3DUtil_SetDeviceCursor@@YAJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@PAUHICON__@@@Z)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/d3dapp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!