need a pro to help

Started by
5 comments, last by Buzzer 20 years ago
I checked all the files and am still receiving the following message. A while ago I had everything up and running without coming across this problem. Then I formatted my hard disk and began reinstalling everything and now I can''t get passed this. The only thing different is that I have the latest Directx, but to my knowledge the upgrade should have no effect on older programs. I checked the error code on msdn but there are too many things that this error code can represent, so I can''t figure out the solution. Hopefully someone out there can provide some good insight. --------------------Configuration: 1steps - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... d3dapp.cpp d3dfont.cpp d3dutil.cpp dxutil.cpp Linking... d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float __cdecl DXUtil_Timer(enum TIMER_COMMAND)" (?DXUtil_Timer@@YAMW4TIMER_COMMAND@@@Z) Debug/1steps.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.
Advertisement
Are you including d3dx8/9/whatever.lib ?
I tried including both and then one and not the other, but those attempts failed.
DXUtil_Timer is based in D3DApp.cpp / DXUtil.cpp (with the SDK), isn't it? Have you included that?

EDIT: I mean compiled/linked.

[edited by - downgraded on April 9, 2004 12:56:45 AM]
If you mean compile and link seperately and away from any other programming the following happens:

--------------------Configuration: d3dapp - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "float __stdcall DXUtil_Timer(enum TIMER_COMMAND)" (?DXUtil_Timer@@YGMW4TIMER_COMMAND@@@Z)
d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate8@4
d3dapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl D3DUtil_SetDeviceCursor(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,struct HICON__ *)" (?D3DUtil_SetDeviceCursor@@YAJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@PAUHICON__@@@Z)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/d3dapp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
Have you included those two files to your project??
I have included those files already.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement