Rendering Win32 controls off-screen

Started by
1 comment, last by dcosborn 20 years ago
I''ve seen a few programs that seem to make Windows render its windows and controls to an off-screen buffer. Then they use the buffer in their own rendering: for example, as a texture on a 3D plane. I even saw one where they had each application''s window as a separate 3D surface which could be pushed up or down in the stack. Anyways, what I''d like to do is have my controls draw themselves onto a memory device context or something of the sort. I need to be able to fade controls in and out and basically have them integrate into the rest of my OpenGL display. I''m tired, but I hope that was clear enough for you to understand. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
If I understand what you''re saying, then the easiest way to achieve what I think you want is to create a compatible bitmap, grab it''s device context and pass either the WM_PRINT or WM_PRINTCLIENT message to the window you want rendered.
Hey great, I never knew about WM_PRINT. Just what I needed. Thanks - you''re answers are always so good SiCrane.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement