• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultimasnake

Software rendering an 3d model in C# (without directx or open gl)

This topic is 5241 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys , i am new here and registered for one BIG question. I am working on a game (conept at the moment) that will be a bit like Starfox(starwing in the eu) on the SNES. The target platform will be Windows mobile 2003 mobilephones like the Orange E200 and O2 Xphone2. I did a bit of Direct-x a while back. BUT the windows mobile platform doesnt have an direct-x engine or whatsoever. I have been messing with C#'s Graphics object which can draw polygons , but didnt get any further then a 2d object. I really want to be able to Software render 3d graphics, that looks a bit like the image here . Support for a model type which already exists isn't really needed but might be nice. So does anybody either know a way to draw such an 3d object (software maticly) in C# or know of an engine i can use that does this? Also note there is no need for texturing just maybe garaudshading(?) [edited by - ultimasnake on April 10, 2004 8:50:29 AM]

Advertisement
I don''t know of any engines, but I can recommend a book or two. Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice (might be out of print) is the classic, definitive text on this stuff. Andre LaMothe has also written Tricks of the 3D Game Programming Gurus - Advanced 3D Graphics and Rasterization, which focuses on software rendering.

Another alternative would be to look for a software rendering engine (they''re not that popular these days) written in C# that you can port to Windows Mobile.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!