• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Idea

This topic is 5067 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

One day I was suddenly struck with a great game idea, I''ll post it here so you can give me some feedback :-). Ok, you are the Big Bad Wolf in the Three Little Pigs story and you mission is to eat the pigs which are in their houses. The thing is that you should be able to eat/kill them in almost infinite ways. The first pigs'' house is only made of hay so you can easily blow it down and eat the pig inside (if he doesnt escape to the other pigs'' house), of course you can do it in other ways. The game should concentrate alot on randomization and a good AI from the pigs. Sometimes the pigs might build their houses so bad that only a poke would make the house collapse and crush the pig inside, sometimes they would build them very sturdy so you wont be able to blow them down. The houses would also be built differently, sometimes with 3 glass windows, sometimes with one barred window you get the picture. Theres no way to loose you say? Of course the wolf wouldnt be invulnerable, the pigs would be able to set out certain traps, such as a hole covered with leaves with a lion inside, a guard dog or simply a pot with boiling water in the fireplace to hinder the wolf from jumping down the chimney. A possible scenario: You start up the game and just start to walk around, planning. As you walk on the road you see a man walking on the road, you decide to rob him. As you stand over his corpse, examining his belonings you find some money, you take it and decide to head out to town to look for something good to buy. When you get to the town you see a man selling guns. You decide its a good investment and buy one. The gun costs all you money so you head to the first pig''s house to finish him. You go to the door and do the classic "let me in or I''ll huff and puff and blow your house in" of course the pig declines and you blow the house down with ease. As the dust shatters you see the pig running away, you aim your gun and shoot him in the back. The pig is only wounded, not dead. You run to the pig and start dragging him towards the second pig''s house, you leave him just outside the door, ring the door bell and run and hide around the corner of the house. You hear the second pig scream, followed by a opening of a door. As you hear the door open you run towards it and hit the suprised pig on his head so he passes out. You devour the pigs, one more to go. You search through the house but find nothing of use so you head for the last pig. As you''re walking towards the last pig you decide that you will jump down the chimney and kill him, but to make sure theres no pot with boiling water you pick up a stone. When you reach the house you climb up and throw the stone down the chimney, to your relief you hear a ''thud'' and not a ''splosh''. You jump down the chimney but when you get down theres no opening, your trapped. You hear the pig laughing evily as the picture fades out to a black screen with the classic phrase "GAME OVER". This would not be a kids game as I think the blood and violence is vital for the game.

Advertisement
This game is short, so you must have a really good replay value. Randomization is your only tool. However, if players have played long enough, he would have memorized all the traps the pigs set, so...

I think thats what hes focusing on though. Because the game is short, and will be a very high replay type game, it means the prgorammers can spend a HUGE amount of time on building heaps and heaps of traps for just one - three houses.

I think this way the prospect of having ''unlimited'' ways to access the house is not so crazy, as the programmer will be able to focus all his attention on one aspect rather than saying ''I want a whole city like this..no..A WORLD!!!''.

Good luck. I will come back and post some ideeas / wishlist things when I have some more time.

quote:
Original post by BoZo_
Ok, you are the Big Bad Wolf in the Three Little Pigs story...

I''d like to see this done with real-time physics, and the houses are made of individual pieces that could be blown down, or whatever way you can come up with to break your way in to the house. Extend gameplay time be designing scenerios where you play as other bad guys from other fairy tales. Would be easy enough with any 3d engine. This could be done similar to Kingdom Hearts or Quantum Leap, going from one fairy tale world to another, causing havoc.

quote:
Original post by BoZo_
As you walk on the road you see a man walking on the road, you decide to rob him. As you stand over his corpse, examining his belonings you find some money, you take it and decide to head out to town to look for something good to buy.
When you get to the town you see a man selling guns.

GTA, in fairy tale land! Hilarious! TBH, I don''t really like mixing guns with cartoon characters. As long as the gun is most of a silly laser.

quote:
Original post by BoZo_
This would not be a kids game as I think the blood and violence is vital for the game.

That''s where the trouble comes in. It''s tough to sell a game that looks like it''s for kids to adults. Then again, Conker''s Bad Fur day was definately one of my old faves.

Its a good idea, mixing somthing we all know into a game, but i really dont see it being replayed. We might play it for say, a week then give it up.

-- Smirnoffka

Visit my website http://www.swado.com for cool stuff, Including Project Nexus!

• Advertisement