• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad Maniac

Help with MFC and DirectDraw.

This topic is 5331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is probably a bit weird coming from someone who''s written his own software blitting library in asm... But I haven''t got the faintest clue to how to write MFC applications in Visual Studio (Visual C 6.0) And how to include Direct Draw surfaces in them. Talk about starting at the wrong end eh? o_0 So, where do I start? Any good books / ebooks or websites / tutorials for me, to help me get going with MFC apps? Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated. //Bad Maniac The more I think, the more confused I get. The best 2D game developer site out there!

Advertisement
No actual need for a tutorial. Just when creating the ddraw primary surface hand it the HWND of the view. You can also use your software blit routines on the ddraw surface.

Only draw in OnDraw. return TRUE in OnEraseBkGnd.

Thanks, although I was more asking for guides on basic MFC programming, how to actually make a window with buttons and other controls. Your advise will come in handy once I have a HWND to blit to

MFC apps aren''t built from ground up. You can choose between 3 basic app models:

o Dialog based - having big a main dialog
o SDI - single document interface - one "document" to work with
o MDI - multiple document interface - more than one "document", like word with different files

You''d probably choose SDI or maybe dialog based.

For a lot of MFC work, look at
CodeGuru.

Most MFC things are almost explained in MSDN

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!