• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hlxwell

Is there anyone programing games use C#?

This topic is 5269 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yes. While your C# programs might not be as performant as current-generation C++ programs, C# programs of the future are more likely to benefit from various performance optimizations and enhancements to the .NET Runtime and JIT compiler. Add to that the benefit of native managed types, reflection and a clear path to next-generation Microsoft platforms, as well as a shallower language learning curve, and C# is a very attractive and sensible option for a beginner.

Nobody better start a flamewar here.

I have seen examples of code written in visual basic 6.0 that run games. They were so slow! Then i saw the same examples written in visual basic the right way. They were pumping out images at unheard speeds. What i am saying is that it truly does not matter what language you use. Just as long as you know how to use it. Visual basic used to be tremendously slow but now you can tap directly into the API and DirectX. You can do anything you want in any language just as long as you know how to program the correct way.

oh,but there are so less sample code programed in c#.
for beginner it is a hard way to program in c#~!

.NET absolutely sucks, anytime I have used .NET the lack of documentation just seemed to drag the whole point of learning it down. It''s just a M$ attempt to build something like JAVA, but worse. There seem to be different versions floating around the every different server too, so I deploy one app to one machine and it won''t work on a dozen others. .NET isn''t standardised either, which makes it very bad.

pkelly83: What lack of documentation? How about msdn.microsoft.com or the MSDN library? For me, that''s plenty.

.NET rocks. It''s simple and easy to learn. J2SE/EE is cool too.

As far as game programming is concerned, I think you should choose the language you feel the most comfortable working with.

That is, unless you want to win awards for writing The Fastest Game Code on the Block. The tighter code you want, the lower level of abstraction you need to get to.

For 95% of programming projects .NET and Java kick arse.

-- Jani

quote:
Original post by pkelly83
.NET absolutely sucks, anytime I have used .NET the lack of documentation just seemed to drag the whole point of learning it down. It''s just a M$ attempt to build something like JAVA, but worse. There seem to be different versions floating around the every different server too, so I deploy one app to one machine and it won''t work on a dozen others. .NET isn''t standardised either, which makes it very bad.

Actually that''s not the answer to any question asked in this thread!

Have fun
Bunnz
Purple#, a shader-driven game engine for .NET.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!