PLEASE HELP, (C++ programming)

Started by
31 comments, last by Toadhead 20 years ago
lol, I''m gonna use that code to post on another forum, change a few things, and ask why it isn''t working
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Toadhead
lol, I'm gonna use that code to post on another forum, change a few things, and ask why it isn't working

Somebody with a bullshit detector would eventually figure out that you know nothing of what you speak.

I suggest you get a book - Accelerated C++ is a great book. Buy it, don't use the tutorials online until you know what is good and bad.

Plus < iostream > is an updated version of < iostream.h >, you just DON'T use < iostream.h >. As well as < cstdlib > and < cstdio > are updated versions of < stdlib.h > and < stdio.h >, the list goes on. However, some libraries use the .h extension - such as < conio.h > (which is no longer supported by standard C++), and the OpenGL headers, to name a few.

Again, get a book, the tutorials available online can be very misleading, and it's hard for a newbie to sort out the crap.

[edited by - Drevay on April 12, 2004 7:19:58 PM]
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Actually you may want to start in C. There''s a sam''s TYC book on this matter, for Linux (though since you know how to use a compiler it doesn''t matter what OS you''re using). Look for ''Learn C in 21 days''. C is actually a rather simple language, and requires less previous experience.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement