• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Installation problems

This topic is 5068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, so my friend decided to try out Slackware 9.0 as his first Linux distro. (no comments on ths please, I''m helping him). I gave him my ISO image (which works, just made it the other day and used it to install Slacky on my old comp). He''s got a Dell 8200 that originally had windows xp home on it. We formatted it, and put in the Slackware CD and shut it off. A few minutes later we booted up but only got the blinking white cursor at the top left of the screen. We tried to do it on his other ocmputer (also a Dell) but nothing happened at all. It''s not a bad CD cause it boots up on my computer. What''s wrong? The CD-ROM drive is working fine cause we were playing CD''s on it. Is it the way Dell makes their computers?
VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions

Advertisement
This happened to me when I was making linux boot disks using Nero, and chose the make boot disk option instead of just burn image - don''t think that''s your problem though

You should be able to make a Slackware boot floppy though, so try that

• Advertisement