• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The perfect book for C++ migrators

This topic is 5061 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quite a few of my friends where changing from C to C++, but didn't know how to go about it. Thinking in C++ is a brilliant book to accomplish this. As an extra bonus, it's a free online book in HTML or PDF format. I just thought that anyone who didn't know about this book should. The true general first seeks victory, then seeks battle - Sun Tzu [edited by - Drakkcon on April 12, 2004 12:40:41 PM]

Advertisement
Any comments? I think it''s important to mention that the first chapter is theory, the second is STILL theory (don''t give up there), and the rest is implementation.

P.S (this isn''t a bump post, I gave up the first time because I though ch2 was implementation, and it was too advanced)

The true general first seeks victory, then seeks battle
- Sun Tzu

I like the book, I have a copy out from the library. It''s been a while since I did much programming so it''s mostly a refresher for c++ as well as taking me into some of the more advanced topics. The fact that its free means it will be hard to beat....

Actually making it free actually got Bruce Eckle more money. Reading it as HTML makes me want to buy the bound edition. Thinking in Java is also an excellent book. That CD seminar that''s included with the bound copy sounds nice too.

• Advertisement