• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Game In Development (SCREEN SHOTS!)

This topic is 5066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Comment's Please or Idea's Right now I have realistic acceleration physics [edited by - Mat1515 on April 12, 2004 4:57:03 PM]

Advertisement
quote:

It would be nice if you have a 56k warning

or put those pics somewhere on the web and place the links here

i might be wrong, but didn''t you ask something about the smoke once? if so, looks WAYS better now

anyway, there''s not really much to see, but that''s something normal for a new game a guess *fg*. looks like a nice start!

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--

Yea ive been tweaking the hell out of my particle engine working better now

Nice start! Looks like the skybox is stretched along at least one axis. I''m guessing you made it fit your environment''s dimensions. What you probably want to try is make it very large, square (or really cubic I guess), and keep its center locked on your camera''s location.

-Madgap

ok

I used

msd3 format the nehe tutorial

I can''t get the textures to load with that code tho
Has anyone bin able to ?

Yes I did

It was a console program just simlulating all the physics of the car.

Then i began working the graphix in

Very nice start!
Keep the good work!
Maybe polish up a bit the skybox and tiny bit more the smoke particles.

Cool!

I''d love to get a look at the source to see how you handled the car models. They seem to be using vertex coloring only, which is something I''ve been unable to make my models do.

What language are you using? C++ and DX?

----------------------------------------
Let be be finale of seem, seems to me.
----------------------------------------

Shedletsky''s Code Library:

Open source projects and demos

quote:
You should consider using a sky dome.

just turning off "dynamic" lighting and sticking to a simple ambient term should solve the problems.

Jack

Drag Racing you say. Im curious about the gameplay. At an NHRA drag race I went to they had a simulator that cost like $30 to try. They said most people had a hard time getting the car above 30 or 40 miles an hour. I imagined it was the result of poor timing and horrible reaction times.

Now is the first time I ever really thought about what those people said. That has to be a crock of shit. Maybe to get me to try it knowing i could easily beat that. Those cars have only 3 gears I think. If they go at least 100 mph (dont they really go like 300 by the end?) it has to get up to at least 30 in first gear. If all the user did was stomp on the gas they would hit 30, unless you could blow the engine (for $30 it better be realistic enough to "blow" the engine) then they probably just did that, and theres $30.

quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
quote:
You should consider using a sky dome.

just turning off "dynamic" lighting and sticking to a simple ambient term should solve the problems.

Jack

To clarify: Turn off lighting while rendering the sky box, and turn it back on for the rest of the geometry.
Also use one texture for each side -> no more stretching.

Ah, well.. Here I go again explaining something I''ve never done myself... Feel free to correct me.. I''m doing this as much to get feedback on my knowledge (or lack of)

The sky box should be a "unit cube" ie 1x1x1, with inverse ordering so that the culling only show the inside of the box.

Render loop:
1. Turn off lighting and z-write
2. set world transformation to identity matrix <- sp?
3. render sky box
4. turn on lighting and z-write
5. do world-camera transformation
6. render objects (with appropriate transformations of course)
done

• Advertisement