• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wilhil

New to Visual studio 2003, few questions on some of the projects

This topic is 5331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi sorry for making so many posts, im trying to make as few as possible, but i need to ask! I am usedto visual studio 6, and i have just got visual studio 2003, and thereare so many projects and stuff that i dont understand. If anyone can please tell me I will be very greatful. i have only ever made single programs, and if i need to use the same source code, I copy it from one to another, so stupid question. what is the diffrence between (vb) class library (vb) windows control library (vb) asp.net web application (vb) asp.net web servece i am guessing the mobile web application! (vb) web control library (vb) windows service visual basic building blocks.. what are all of them? I am most fascinated with webui, but i want to know what all of them do. with c++ whats the diffrence between atl, mfc...i am new to c! thats it for now, i am sorry if this is a noob thing to ask, and i am a noob! no shame in admiting it, so dont flame please! [edited by - wilhil on April 12, 2004 10:20:04 PM]

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by wilhil
I am used to visual studio 6, and i have just got visual studio 2003, and thereare so many projects and stuff that i dont understand.
Have you read the manual? Then read the manual.

quote:
what is the diffrence between
(vb) class library
(vb) windows control library

(vb) asp.net web application
(vb) asp.net web servece
i am guessing the mobile web application!

(vb) web control library

(vb) windows service

visual basic building blocks.. what are all of them?
Unless I am sorely mistaken, there is either a text blurb explaining what each project type is or a Help button. Click it.

quote:
with c++ whats the diffrence between atl, mfc...i am new to c!
Google it.

An important part of becoming a good programmer is learning to independently seek information. Learn to read the help, the manuals, the documentation, the references. Learn to search the web (in general as well as any particular sites you like). If you always run to, say, GameDev and post every question off the top of your head, you''ll never experience that sense of enlightenment and satisfaction that comes from figuring something out.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!