• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n00b Question - Compiling EXEs in VC++6.

This topic is 5066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I, being somewhat experienced in programming (but always in debug mode, as you''ll soon see), am extremely demoralized in having to ask this question, but I''ll ask anyway. Keep your n00b taunts to yourself. In Visual C++ 6, when I compile a typical OpenGL application to an EXE, the EXE closes instantly. The game is supposed to run for the duration of a do...loop, but the process is apparently disregarded. The program executes, and the console window flashes momentarily. At the beginning of the program, a message box asks the user whether or not they would like to run the game in fullscreen. This message box DOES show up, but as soon OpenGL initializes (i.e. the resolution is changed or a window is created), the program closes and [if fullscreen was used] the resolution returns to normal. Could I get some help? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
without seeing any code, my guess is that somehow the initialization fails, returns false, and your program has nothing left to do so it closes.

You might want to try doing start->run->command, run your program from this command line, and read the output information you provide.

• Advertisement