• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liquiddark

What constitutes your ultimate SE environment?

This topic is 5335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m interested now. What tools, processes, and basic elements of corporate culture would make your head spin? I can name several that I''d be happy to have as part of my daily life: 1) Simplified process - work is done as soon as it needs to be done rather than waiting for approval from on-high, automated tests are written for all code, delivery is done in functional pieces 2) Modern, syntactically healthy object oriented language suitable for both binary compilation and scripting implementations (here i''m thinking C#, Python) 3) Ubiquitous bug and source tracking tools 4) Budget for professional development for every developer in the organization, even if it''s just $100 worth of books per year. 5) Automated & easily modifiable build scripts for all components Anyone else have a wish list? ld

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!