SNES programming

Started by
10 comments, last by Joelius 19 years, 11 months ago
theres a page that has the source of tools that a company used to sell to game developers using snes and genesis. i posted the link in the parodius snes forum. i believe it had some compilers and libraries.. but the problem was how to go about downloading it all.

so.. anyway i think that for snes, a lot of work was done in asm but larger companies surely had their own libraries and custom tools, or bought tools from a seperate company. especially for larger games.
Advertisement
Ya know, I talked earlier about a potential Python wrapping that generates assembler for NES or SNES. Well, if you take a look at pygame, do you see some potential in that? Suppose pygame were stripped of certain components (CD, for instance) and modified internally so that it essentially arranges assembler code and prints it to a given file or to standard output. Keep the interfaces similar enough at least (as you would be tossing out some things), but other than that, let any game written in pygame without those components "compile" into an SNES ROM! Which you could then test with your emulator.

Hmm. I feel good now. I think I might try this.

---------------
Ben
"You have to struggle in order to succeed." --William Hung

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement