• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTQ

Anyone interested in trying my Pacman clone (demo)?

This topic is 5241 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Average game in all but if you have some time to blow off then please check it out: http://www.ahhmyleg.com/dt/DT''s%20Pacman.zip (right click and save as). Note that this is just a demo comprising of only 3 levels. Though it''s not a full blown game the core part is pretty much complete.

Advertisement
nice work! are the characters in it 3d models? or just regular animated sprites? also, the background was very visually distracting. i would get rid of it and make it more plain, all black would be better IMO. anyway, good work man

Nice game overall. My only dislike is the big-pebble sound. Very high pitch.

It might also be good to setup a website for this with screenshots. It would help advertise it better.

graveyard filla
- The characters are just simple 2D animated sprites. You''re right about the background, all black would''ve made the more important elements more visible. As you can tell, I thought of this that''s why the background is of a darker shade. But I will consider having an option for the user to toggle the background on and off and possibly use his own.

ghost007
- Many of the sounds are just placeholders right now. I will take your feedback into consideration and see if I can find a better wav for the big pebble sound. A website will be available when the full version is ready to be released.

Thanks guys for trying and commenting.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!