• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

problem with alpha test!

This topic is 5066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, i have a dumb opengl question. i have the following simple display loop: void display(void) { glClearColor( 0, 0, 0, 0 ); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT |GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT ); glAlphaFunc(GL_EQUAL, 1); glEnable(GL_ALPHA_TEST); draw_my_stuff(); glDisable(GL_ALPHA_TEST); glutSwapBuffers(); return; } in my understanding this should clear the alpha component of the frame buffer to zero. thus the alpha test should fail and nothing should render. But it renders! I checked: - i am calling glutInit() with GLUT_ALPHA - i don''t have any clears in draw_my_stuff() - i have set glColorMask to all trues just to be safe that i can write to the alpha channel - i have verified that the alpha test is being performed because if i set the test to GL_EQUAL 0 it fails. why is my stuff still drawing to the screen?! thanks

Advertisement
The alpha test is done with the incoming pixels, not with those that are already in the frame buffer. So I guess that you draw your stuff with alpha channels set to 1, that''s way the alpha test always passes.

• Advertisement