• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to get the dx9 update(summer 2004)

This topic is 5055 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i receive a letter from Betamail@microsoft.com. Dear Potential Tester, Thank you for your interest in testing Microsoft products! We will keep your information on file for 6 months and will be in contact with you only if chosen to participate in a Beta Program. I don''t know how to chosen to participate in a Beta Program. who can tell me? thans.

Advertisement
Not everyone is accepted into the Beta program.

You have to convince Microsoft that you would be a valuable asset to their beta program. They have to be reasonably sure that you already have the knowledge and ability to provide accurate and useful information about possible bugs in DirectX.

neneboricua

[edited by - neneboricua19 on April 14, 2004 2:29:22 AM]

I hope I''ve missunderstood you but it seems to me like you want me to write an email for you that convinces the Microsoft DirectX team to let you participate in their Beta program.

First of all, that''s unethical. Second of all, if the DirectX team does not think you should be a part of the Beta, who am I to tell them different?

If you really think that you legitimately qualify to be a part of the DirectX Beta program, then contact Microsoft again and explain to them why you think you should be included.

neneboricua

dx9beta@microsoft.com or directx@microsoft.com - they''re both public addresses you can pick up from their website

I''m on the beta program for said software, and it could well be that they don''t NEED you (not that they dont WANT you). There are a lot of testers (many of them from the original DX9.0 beta) already, and if it keeps the "summer 2004" title then it''s probably a bit late to join

keep your eye on the news, as DX9 still has a decent lifetime so you may find they do a "summer 2005" beta you can join.

Jack

quote:
Original post by neneboricua19
I hope I''ve missunderstood you but it seems to me like you want me to write an email for you that convinces the Microsoft DirectX team to let you participate in their Beta program.

First of all, that''s unethical. Second of all, if the DirectX team does not think you should be a part of the Beta, who am I to tell them different?

If you really think that you legitimately qualify to be a part of the DirectX Beta program, then contact Microsoft again and explain to them why you think you should be included.

neneboricua

sorry,maybe i should study english first.
i mean is i want get the e-mail of microsoft about dx update summer 2004.Just as IFooBar say.

Applying to be a beta tester doesn''t grant you access until they have accepted you. You will simply have to wait. Since they accept beta testers from all walks of life (not only developers) You should be prepared that they might already have all people they need.

Regards

quote:
Original post by ChenA
sorry,maybe i should study english first.
i mean is i want get the e-mail of microsoft about dx update summer 2004.Just as IFooBar say.

My mistake then. English isn''t my first language either

neneboricua

hehe,i receive the letter from microsoft:
The DirectX Summer 2004 beta program is closed to new participants. We will
add you to a list of potential participants for the following release.

• Advertisement