Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

font textures problem

This topic is 5027 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i know you can use the glX... function to create a texture to render text in 2d mode. i guess this works too but i need a crossplatform solution though i decided to use a premade font texture which i then use to render. this works so far well only the quality is horrible. i noticed that somehow the ATI and NVIDIA opengl implementation seems to be different because rendering the same on both systems is different. it''s like the drivers add different offsets to each texture corrdinate resulting in inpredictable situations. can somebody using premade textures give me a hint what might be wrong? can it be that the fonts already have a small anti-aliasing (those are generated texture maps where i could only get anti-aliased fonts so far)? do i have to use completly blocky fonts without any aliasing? and does somebody know if ATI drivers do use the upper left corner of a texel for rendering? otherwise i can''t explain those artefacts i get on a ATI card.

Go to Nehe http://nehe.gamedev.net and download BMP Font builder from the downloads, it supports anti-aliased font generation to a texture.