check it out - Donkey Punch Adventure

Started by
14 comments, last by graveyard filla 19 years, 12 months ago
i changed some things that prolly no one will notice, been working on my new side scroller lately.

Donkey Punch Productions.net
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Advertisement
Wow, pretty cool. I recognize that music....is that from Zelda 2: Adventures of Link?

C# gaming, the way of the future!
http://axiomengine.sourceforge.net
________________________________________________Chris McGuirkLead Programmer - Axiom 3D EngineC# gaming, the way of the future!http://www.axiom3d.org
thank you, and yes, level 1''s music is the music to the first dungeon in Zelda 2.
Interesting take on Pacman. It ran fine on this computer (P2 350, 128mb of RAM, GF2 Ultra, Windows XP).

Just a couple of comments:

- I was kind of lost at the menu screen since I couldn't see anything. I clicked just to see if that did something, and it revealed the buttons, so I was okay. It was really confusing though. It's probably not feasible, but I think it would be better if you did something like have the backdrop slide/fall down, so the person can see that the buttons are there first.

- Pacman had the advantage over the ghosts of being able to turn corners faster than ghosts, letting you get out of some slippery situations where a ghost was right on your tail. The contrary seems to be true here, and the gloves were actually killing me when I tried to turn a corner and they were right behind me.

- It might be better if you made the gloves blink or something as a warning for when they're going to respawn in their homebase after you blow them up. Pacman was nice because you could see visually how long you had before you had to worry about the ghost on its way back home.

- The name is kind of offensive, no? :/

[edited by - SantaClaws on April 21, 2004 1:38:32 PM]
A touch of classic Minter - Excellent!

The sound effects are brilliant, overall quite an enjoyable game, I think with some serious polishing/playtesting it could be a really good take on Pacman.

The initial menu screen is a little screwed such that you can''t see anything, then have to hold & release the mouse button (might be your idea of a good interface, definitely isn''t mine ). Also it seems to be ludicrously hard, although that might just be that I''m crap at it.
thanks for your feedback guys. actually, i really love the menu, although i will agree with you its confusing. really though, you dont have to hold down the button and then press play or anything. all you have to do is move the mouse to the left or right side of the screen, and the screen will "un-fold", and you will see the button to push. you CAN click on the screen, and it will get squished, and the buttons will be visiable. i did this because when i first put in the un-folding buttons i realized people would be like wtf? wheres the buttons? so when you click you will be like "oh there they are". you know? anyway, the i really love the menu but i udnerstand its confusing...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement