• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAPI Using Borland or Dev-C++

This topic is 5060 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently discovered SAPI and am eager to use it. However, I am having trouble since neither my Borland compiler nor the Dev-C++ compiler are able to compile even a basic SAPI application. Borland says that there is an invalid OMF record and Dev-C++ complains about numerous syntax errors in "sapi.h." I have tried using Borland''s implib on numerous occasions and every time, it fails to do anything (but tells me that it was successful). I would be happy if someone were to find for me a legal version of SAPI that is compatible with either Borland or Dev-C++.

Advertisement
Which version of Borland compiler are you using? With most of them you can just import the type library directly from the IDE, and not worry about manually invoking implib.

Thank you for your reply. I am using Borland C++ Builder 5. I got SAPI to work with visual components but I have a lot of trouble when trying to redistribute the executable and I am trying to make SAPI work in a console application or an application that uses the Windows API because I found that when I use VCL, I have to include 20-30 different files simply to give the project to someone. I also don''t know much more about the Borland IDE than I need to know to make a standard C++ file since at this point, most of my projects are for me to learn about new programming features. Any more help on this would be greatly appriciated.

When you try to use the SAPI in a console application what kind of problems do you run into? Only the linker issues or something else? I can''t tell from your post.

Oh, if you search in your project settings there should be a panel for packages. On the panel should be a check box for "build with runtime packages" (or something similar). Uncheck that and it should reduce your dependencies to something managable.

Thanks for your suggestion but the checkbox was already unchecked. To answer your question, I get one warning, and one linker error. The warning says, "[C++ Warning] SAPI.H(11742): W8058 Cannot create pre-compiled header: initialized data in header." The linker error says, "[Linker Error] ''C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\SAPI.LIB'' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)." Any more help would be greatly appriciated.

• Advertisement