Fourier Transforms Help

Started by
0 comments, last by Rattlehead 20 years ago
Hi all! I''m not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes... I''m currently in consideration for a programming project (freelance work) and this job will involve using fourier transforms. I''ve never worked with them before, so I''m trying to find as much info as possible on how to implement them, etc. I''m looking for algorithims, code samples, etc. that can help me get my head around them. I expect to be needing "fast fourier transforms" and possibly "discrete fourier transforms". If anyone can point me toward some useful info, I''d be mighty grateful! Thanks in advance, Rattlehead
Advertisement
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/search/
Look for "fourier transform" there.

You will most probably need a discrete FT simply because you can´t represent (only approxmations are possible) a general R->R function anyways (infinite number of points -> infinite number of memory needed).

Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) is afaik only an algorithm to determine the FT of a function. But it´s the one most widely used (because it´s the fastest). You should be able to find plenty of FFT code on the net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement