• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WillTop

How to load jpeg files to DirectDraw?

This topic is 5303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to load jpeg files to DirecDraw,but I don''t know the jpeg format.I want to have some sound code about that!

Advertisement
Well, you can do a couple of things:

(1) Upgrade to DX8 or DX9, and learn 3D (since DirectDraw is basically deprecated, anyways). DX9 employs new functionality that makes 2D in 3D quite easy and simple. Anyways, the point of upgrading is that you can just use D3DX to load the jpeg texture for you. I''m not sure if version 7 and below do that or not.

(2) Search this forum

(3) Try google first (there is without a doubt help out there on loading jpegs)

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP

Free, portable C code for JPEG compression is available from the Independant JPEG Group. Source code, documentation, and test files are included. jpegsr6b.zip. The IJG code includes a reusable JPEG compression/decompression library.

edit:

GameTutorials has an OpenGL tutorial on using the IJG library that could possibly be converted to DirectDraw.

[edited by - eFoDay on April 13, 2004 11:01:54 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!