• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP ME PLEASE direct x won't re-install

This topic is 5031 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I had many missing files of Direct X, The Direct X dialog box told me to re-install the direct x version, so I downloaded the Direct X Buster program and uninstalled Direct X. Now when I go to install the Direct X 9.0, the installation wizard unzips all the files, but when its complete, it just closes. Without finishing the installation, I''ve tried over and over again, It does the same thing to the dx80eng. and the dx81 engine. Iv''e tried everything. Please Help Me, this really sucks. I''m running Windows 98se, and I also have Active X Control Pad installed, could that be the problem? After each try I would restart my computer and check the Dx Dialog Box and it still tells me there''s no version of Direct X and brings up an "Error trying to get display" dialog box, can someone Please Help Me. =(

Advertisement
Em... you need to run the setup.exe file that is in amongst the extracted files yourself once it has finished extracting. Browse to wherever you extracted the files to.

• Advertisement