Old MS SDK DDraw Tutorials

Started by
5 comments, last by Sir_Spritely 20 years ago
I am looking for the code listings for the various directdraw tutorials from the older SDK''s. I think either 6/7. Did these older SDK''s implement the common framework via ddraw as well, I guess they would? If anyone knows where I can get JUST the tutorial C++ listings I would really appreciate a link. I prefer to see how MS do things rather than using other code (Please don''t flame for previous statement).
Advertisement
Anyone help?
There are sources for the old sdk''s and I''m surprised no-one has piped up with the links.. Anyway, looking at the DX6.1 SDK CD I can see that all the samples are coded C-style (no common framework).

(I actually can''t find my DX7.1 CD ATM!)

I''m certain the common framework was first used with the D3D7 samples, although without finding the CD I can''t say how the ddraw samples were coded (although I guess they''d be using a common framework by this time as well).

Let me know if you need anything emailing or ftp''ing.

- Matt
DX6 ?

I remember going from DX3 straight to DX7, back when there was a new version like every 3 months. Was there a 6?
If you actually want to download any of the older SDK releases (some of them are quite small), just check this site out. It has all the way from 2.0-9.0a.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2 (click "+45 more)

or try

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&View=en-us&na=82&qu=directx+sdk+7

have fun
I think the common framework from the Directx7 SDK was D3D not directdraw.

Much like the current SDK tutorials (I think there are six) that go through the motions of setting up the device etc. I am looking for these MS tutorials but for DDraw, I presumed that Pre D3D, Microsoft would have similiar tutorials (if not a common framework) for DDraw.

If anyone is willing to either email me these tutorials or place them somewhere I can DL them it would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the replies so far they have been useful.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement