• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimiwa

need help with direct draw

This topic is 5209 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried posting this on the newbie forum but didn''t get an answer yet and I''m kind of anxious to get going on this. I am trying to get a simple animation going. The problem is DDLoadBitmap and DDSetColorKey are not found by my compiler. I need to know how to load a bitmap from a resource and set the color key for transparency so I can do this animation (I.E. using different functions than DDLoadBitmap and DDSetColorKey, I think they''re SetColorKey and LoadSurfaceFromBitmap). If anyone who reads this knows how do do this please reply. I need some explaination, please give me an example of how this is done and how to set up the parameters I need to do this. I am new to direct draw so please give a complete explaination. Thanx.

Advertisement
Well...

In the DirectX SDK:

DXSDK\samples\Multimedia\DDraw\include

There is the ddutil.h file.

DXSDK\samples\Multimedia\DDraw\src\DDex2

There is the ddutil.c file.

An yeah, don''t ask me why they didn''t put it at convenient places, it''s stupid. Unless someone knows a better structure somewhere? Anyway, those helper functions you want to use are located in these source files.

As for a complete explanation, sorry, I''m not really good at explaining "in the void" like that...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!