• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its a game of two halves

This topic is 5063 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am in the process of creating a board game. Its actually a sports based one, in which there will be two halves to a game. Now if I were to play this board game physically, I would have a timer that would count down 20 real minutes per half. However, this game will be completely played out by the computer, therefore I don''t want each match to last 40 minutes, I want it to go much quicker than that, but with the same net result. A la Championship Manager style. Am I making sense? I am not going to show a graphical representation of the game, as I am simply going to output the result and any commentary to a file that will be processed later. What i am asking is how do I represent the timescale, still do updates but if I ever wanted to watch the match play out, be able too? =*= If things seem bad, think that they can get a whole load worse, and they don''t seem so bad anymore =*=

Advertisement
Just set a scale, say you think a player shold be abe to move 10 yards per second, (quick) work out physics using this as an average with upper and lower bounds, say 100m in 9-13 secs. For AI things are more difficult as ''average'' intelligence (for a footballer ) is unknown, similar rules could apply though.

Hope I''m making sense (sort of).

Jay

• Advertisement