• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oskarlaleman

compiler error

This topic is 5300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i''m trying to make an entrance in directx programming. I have downloaded the software needed. (directx9.0 SDK) I searched the internet for a beginners guide in directx programming, and found something i quite like. Plain english and step by step. The problem is that the compiler gives an error and i can''t find anything on the net. error C3861: ''Direct3Dcreate9'': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup i included the header : d3d9.h and the library d3d9.lib, which according to MSDN are the required files for Direct3Dcreate. this is the line where the error refers to: D3DNew = Direct3Dcreate9( D3D_SDK_VERSION );//Ensures that the correct version of the SDK is being used where the declaration is global : LPDIRECT3D9 D3DNew=NULL; I use a win32 application in C++.NET Can anyone help me please?

Advertisement
the code seems to be ok. is the declaration in the same file as the d3dcreate code?

if not, ensure that the declaration file in included in the cpp file.

if so make sure the declaration is posistioned before the create code.

Scotty

Tanx, it actually was the captital ''C''. I figured it had to work, since i copy-paste the code from the example. Appearantly people make mistakes :-)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!