• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zlib && directories...

This topic is 5030 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to build a "Resource Manager" for my game... My basic idea is this: I will build a tree of directories that contain ALL of the resources for my game (graphics, sounds, config files)... The game will refer to a resource with it''s full path from the root of the tree... I will use winzip to zip the tree up into one zip file... The game will, at startup, using zlib, decompress the "resource" file... I get everything up till this point! But what have I just done? I decompressed a directory to memory? How can I use a directory in memory? Does this even make sense? Is it even possible? Tony

Advertisement
The directory structure and file names are stored in the ZIP-file, so when you need a certain file in a certain directory, just search the ZIP-file for that directory and file and decompress it.

I have a simple ZIP-file reader for C++ on my site. Take a look at it if you like and see how I did it. Clicky.

• Advertisement