FPS games getting boring the more you play

Started by
31 comments, last by Phoenix1_3 19 years, 12 months ago
Seems as myself after awhile all FPS Games kinda get boring.
Advertisement
Deus Ex is my favorite game and I didn''t get bored with it. I never finished final doom. I also like half-life. It had nice moments like firing that big rocket. Similar to Deus Ex silo mission. I think if you throw enough stuff for the player to do then the combination of things will seem to create a busy environment. If you simplify things then the gameplay will be monotonous. If you look up quake source code you''ll see only a few entitities being described but using them together you get something more. I think that there is also a point where if you tell player to perform too many actions he will get overburdened and will want to quit playing because of overcomplexity. Everytime he wants to get into the game he remembers the complex stuff and won''t play the game. Some early games had horrible puzzles like that forest level in battle of olympus nes game. I cringe when I think of it. Good game but some really tough spots that I don''t want to repeat playing.

Deus Ex kept me busy and thank god for that auto note taking and progress reports. I''m glad that it was also story driven so I wanted to finish it to see it to the end. It''s interesting, now that I finished the full version of the game and look back to me playing the demo, I realize that you can''t judge the game from the demo alone. There is so much to that game that the demo doesn''t do it much justice. Ok, stick a fork in me, I''m done.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
The secret behind why some people love the old fps''s:

You dont have to have any amount of skill at all its sorta like Starcraft, grab a certain weapon and blast away.

Hmm lets see you like the old games better because you played them while you were young didnt everything seem funner while you were younger,

Swings, Trees, Masturbation, Gameing.

Personally I cant wait for the FPS genre to die and for FABLE to come out.

But intill then Play Conqueror ad 1086.

Best game to date
Is fps/rpg/tbs

Starcraft basics are simple but it''s actually quite complex if you play beyond money maps :\. Simple + ways to use those simple methods = complex :\

Warcraft 3 in comparison is far more "complex" but actually is hella boring and easy (easily made top 25 on ladder before everyone learned all the abuses)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement