GUI Programmer - Freeware

Started by
4 comments, last by ps2hacker 20 years ago
Is There A Programmer, With A GUI For Programming Games? Example: If I Want To Add A Sphere I Click A Button With A Sphere And It Gives Me Options? Also, It Would Be Nice If It Was Freeware...
~ Developing the futures games, in yesterday's time ~
Advertisement
A GUI for programming games? As in a 100% graphical programming language, little or no typing required?

Well actually, there are a few. What kind of game do you want to develop? There are a lot of game construction kits out there. Check out The 3D Gamemaker from The Game Creators, for instance.

Brian Lacy
ForeverDream Studios

Comments? Questions? Curious?

"I create. Therefore I am."
---------------------------Brian Lacy"I create. Therefore I am."
I Am Trying To Make A Game With Lots Of Detail, Something People Like, Probably A Mix A A Strategy/Adventure/Hack And Slash/RPG Game. Like Baldur''s Gate, But With Different Views (Third Person) Etc...
~ Developing the futures games, in yesterday's time ~
Hopefully you do know that these types of games (99% of the games that sell in fact) are not point-n-click. They require learning a computer language, and utilizing either an engine, or building one yourself, the later being the perfered alternative for most. Check out the beginners section here, if you dont mind interspersing your point-and-click with hours after hours of software design and programming, your right on target
quote:Original post by ps2hacker
I Am Trying To Make A Game With Lots Of Detail, Something People Like, Probably A Mix A A Strategy/Adventure/Hack And Slash/RPG Game. Like Baldur''s Gate, But With Different Views (Third Person) Etc...

Take a look at Reality Factory. http://realityfactory.ca
It''s rather easy to use, no programming required. The community there is quite helpful too. RF is based on the Genesis3D engine, and you can create quite a lot of games with it.

http://www.realityfactory.ca/pickles This guy has made quite a few games with RF. It''ll give you an idea on what you can do with it.

-Chris
ChrisHurn.com, film & game composer.
[twitter]chris_hurn[/twitter] on twitter
You should stop capitalizing all your words. It''s annoying to read. Almost equally AnNoYiNg aS WrItInG In aZn.

Anyway, most games are writting in C++ using DirectX/OpenGL. If you really want to create 100% flexible games, the way you want, learn a programming language.

Toolmaker

My site
/* -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.*/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement