• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XNA?

This topic is 5058 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

has anyone heard anything about XNA from microsoft? the information is pretty vague, and doesn''t sound all that different from DirectX... but they say that it includes DirectX, so it must be more...

Advertisement
as with yourself, I don''t know much, but one thing I''ve gathered is that it will ... "standardize" some of the common things for games on both the PC platform and XBox (and even pocket pc apparently).

The one feature I keep hearing about is PC and XBox potentially being able to play on "Microsoft Live" together, so both clients will hook up to the same lobby, etc..

aside from that, I don''t know much else.

Joel Martinez
http://www.codecube.net/

one more thing beside directx is some physics engine (and that''s just a conclusion from the demos at the page)

and of course more shaders(shaders 3 or the next generation 3d accelerators support)

quote:
Original post by joelmartinez
The one feature I keep hearing about is PC and XBox potentially being able to play on "Microsoft Live" together, so both clients will hook up to the same lobby, etc..

that doesn''t sound too great... there are many many cheaters on PC multiplayer games, and none on XBox live (at least, not the wall-hack aim-bot types).
quote:
Original post by SiCrane
Here''s a recent thread about the topic.

oh thanks! i don''t frequent the DX forum, so i missed it.

• Advertisement