• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Basic

Book Suggustions

This topic is 5298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''m currently interested in creating an object animation program for 3D models. I''ve been programming in C++ for about a year now, and have been working through an OpenGL begginners book for a few months nearing an end. So now, I want to take up a project. I''d be very glad if you could give me some help for good suggustions on books to start out with. I''d like to find a book that will introduce me to the world of animation. Preferably something with code(C++/OGL), but even a book on theory would be helpful. I''ve done some research and read some reviews at amazon, yet I''d like input from someone who actually owns one of these books. "Real-time 3D Character Animation with Visual C++" by Nik Lever "Computer Animation: Algorithms and Techniques" by Rick Parent "Practical Algorithms for Three-Dimensional Computer Graphics" by R. Stuart Ferguson More Information about me: - 15 years old - Math education consists of Algebra to Advanced Geometry. - C++ and OpenGL programming experience as mentioned above. Thanks for your help and suggustions.

Advertisement
Also, if you have any other suggustions for books that may help me I''d be glad to see them.

Again, I want to build my own animation program so I''m looking for any advice or guidance you can give me.

I understand this is not the easiest project to take, yet I appreciate any help you may provide.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!