• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mortanis

Books for learning C#

This topic is 5153 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know this may not be the best place, but i've seen the type of people here when i was trying to learn C++, and i think the best advice can be found. That said, I need a book to help me learn C#. I have Visual Studio .Net on my work computer, so i've got that base covered. I'm versed in VBScript and ASP, as well as basic Visual Basic and a lot of Cold Fusion - so i'm no novice to programming or dynamic server side content. Can someone suggest a book or three for me that would be up my alley to facilitate my learning? Thanks in advance. [edit]I should note I also know the very basics of C++. Up to chapter 14 or so, with pointers, inheritance and the like. [edited by - Mortanis on April 14, 2004 12:36:24 AM]

Advertisement
You might want to look into the book Beginning Visual C# by Wrox.
This book makes sure it lays down a strong foundation from the start. I learned C# from this book alone and from this book alone I was able to extend my knowledge of the .NET Architecture without even using a book and instead just looking it up on MSDN to get an idea.

I recommend C#: How to Program by Deitel and Deitel. It''s a textbook so reading it can be arduous at some points, but they do a good job of making it interesting through most of the book, they cover a wide range of topics and also do (the main point) a thorough job of actually teaching you the material.

O''Reilley and Deitel books line my shelf and I''m especially fond of the Deitel''s C# for Experienced Programmers.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!