• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last Attacker

Complex Command Line Parameter

This topic is 5211 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm modifying my BaseCode to have a proper platform to start making it into an engine or something. Firstly I'm rewriting my parameter processing code sothat the following can work correctly. The current parameters are : /dev (developers mode for the log file, etc) /w (sets the width of the game window, also sets the height accordingly) /b (sets the depth bits of the game window) /win (makes the game window-mode, great for debugging, etc.) All of 'em work except that I want it to work just like HL's command line parameters, you know you can specify the with of the game window like this -w800 or -w 800. And I don't want the /w and /win to be confused by the program. If you guys have an idea of how to do this, please reply. EDIT : Oh, I forgot to say that at the moment I'm using strstr to search for a parameter from the cmdline and the params must be entered like /w 800. Thanks // Last Attacker \\---=( LA )=---// LA Extreme \\

ICQ Number : 120585863

E-mail: laextr@icqmail.com [edited by - Last Attacker on April 15, 2004 6:42:19 AM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!