Visual Studio 6 Freezing?

Started by
1 comment, last by Grofit 20 years ago
Hello, i know this isnt much of a direct programming question, but anyway im using visual studio 6, and for some reason every 2 - 4 times i build or execute my project it just holds on the building part at the end.... For the life of me i dont know why, its never done this before it only started happening recently and i havent changed any files to do with it.. its just annoying as i have to ALT CTRL DEL to get rid of it and then i sometimes lose some of the work ive done... anyone else had this problem?
Advertisement
I''ve had this problem recently too, on one of my machines, about every 4th or 5th build it would seem to hang during the linking stage. I used to hit ctrl-alt-delete too, thinking it was hung, but later learned that it''s just stalled or something - waiting a minute or two will let it finish on its own. I haven''t figured out what''s doing it, but I wonder if the virus scanner has something to do with it....
Brianmiserere nostri Domine miserere nostri
it happens to me when i hit compile and quickly hit cancell build. OR randomly when processing a certain file.

here is some stuff i learned:

when it freezes when compiling a file, immediatly hit CTRL+ALT_DEL then terminate cl.exe (i think this is the command line compiler.)

then clean your project and try again. That should fix it when it occurs.

---------------------------------------------------------

check
out
these
pictures
of
mine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement