Problem with "Nodes"

Started by
6 comments, last by usmiech600 20 years ago
Ok... i am a begginer in game programming... and i have a litlle problem (i dont speak english!!!). I have a BIG mesh in .X and i want to reder it in my engine... i have a book RPG-Game Programming, in this book i find something like "Nodes" to render only this polygons what is in camera view... if i use it ... that dont work (this mesh is landskape and Izometric Rpg level!) i HAVE 3 fps!!! Maybe somebody can help ... maybe is other optimalization to reder this BIG scene ...??? If someone knew some trick with "that" i will be gratefull for give me some links, source code or something... maybe a name of book where this is included??? Without knew this i am *death* - my engine cant render HiPoly landskape ;( I will be gratefull witch any help. my mail usmiech600@interia.pl [edited by - usmiech600 on April 16, 2004 6:49:29 AM]
Advertisement
You mean something like a quadtree or an octree? Are you sure you split your mesh in nodes?
Why do my programs never work on other computers?
Have you maybe source code ... of this???
Load .X and "optimalize"...?

I dont know is this quatree is automatic in that code???

[edited by - usmiech600 on April 16, 2004 1:46:18 PM]
Break your large mesh into smaller meshes and render those individually based upon whether they are in the view frustum or not.

Edit: Rephrased.

[edited by - tiffany_smith on April 16, 2004 2:26:12 PM]
point is : i cant do it!!!
Maybe you can help??
What format is your geometry in and how are you loading it?

You can programmatically split your geometry in to sections or split it before you import it (in your art package).

Here is something that may help you for the time being.

[edited by - tiffany_smith on April 18, 2004 5:45:53 PM]
What computer language are you using?
C++,VB,.NET,Delpi
i am using .X file and C++..
i am looking for optimalization in Terrain rendering (i have a izometric view)

Maybe you can tell me names of books where this is included (Terrain Rendering)???

I have a books but in OpenGl and i must have in DirectX...

I see that nobody understand me
I am searching for good book where is:
ROAM, CLOD, frustum culling and even more!
But i must know DirectX books. Maybe someone
know good book or article (in DirectX) about this???

[edited by - usmiech600 on April 21, 2004 11:16:15 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement