• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

korbitz

OpenGL glut to openGL is it possible and easy to do

This topic is 5302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a glut file that i need to convert into opengl so that it can be used within the confines of a win32 MDI gui, is this possible giving that my knowledge of glut and opengl is limited and the time i have available is also limited at present the gui and the glut file work seperately although i can call the glut through the MDI and it displays although clicking anywere on the MDI desktop makes the glut window disappear is it possible to keep the glut window, ''always on top'' or is it possible to attach the glut window into some sort of container any help will be much appreciated thanx korbitz

Advertisement
quote:
i have a glut file that i need to convert into opengl...

GLUT is a high level framework for OpenGL. It is complementary to OpenGL. What I presume you mean is you want to convert your program from GLUT to win32. Take a look at nehe.gamedev.net, or even better, read the relevant pages on MSDN.

quote:
Original post by korbitz
sorry i never explained myself first time

the glut code contains alot of opengl stuff

That can be expected, seeing as GLUT is a toolkit for OpenGL.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!