DirectPlay newbie confused

Started by
2 comments, last by sdrichardson 20 years ago
i have been following through the tutorials for DirectPlay on the msdn site, and have sucessfully created, initialised and hosted a DirectPlay session (i think). I then came to the third tutorial which shows you how to enumerate host sessions and display them. I decided to skip this one becuase all i want to do it connect to a host by typing in the ip address. So i went on to the 4th tutorial which shows you how to connect to a host, and here is where i am confused... i don't see anywhere where ip addressess fit in to the connection process, how do i tell my game to 'connect to a host on this ip address' ?? Scotty. [edited by - sdrichardson on April 16, 2004 10:10:08 PM]
Scotty.
Advertisement
awww, come guys! only 6 people have read this all night!!!
Scotty.
You have to specify the IP address in the CreateHostAddress function..that you should have.
This example hides DP8 and DP8Voice in a single package with a pair of controlling and notification interfaces. Just plug & play. You specify the machine name (or IP address) along with the port for the connecting computer and the port number for the host.

http://pages.infinit.net/cbenoi1/r_1_5_0.zip

-cb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement