HELP!!

Started by
4 comments, last by neobie 20 years ago
Hi, my dad just bought visual studio .net 2003 for me when he was in Taiwan a week ago. The problem is it''s a CHINESE version, although im asian, i can''t read it cuz i was born here in canada. so anyone know how i can change the lanuage??? my dad tried to help me but he couldnt get it
Your sound card works perfectly.
Advertisement
this may be a new concept to you... but have you ever thought about buying software?? Even an academic version??
wut do u mean????
He means that if it''s in Chinese, there''s a good chance it''s a cracked version you might have downloaded from somewhere.

Second, I think your dad would know whether or not you can read Chinese, and whether or not he was buying a Chinese version. It should be indicated somewhere, and he was in Taiwan anyway.

Third, the reason they sell different versions of the software is because you can''t change the language from within the software itself. That would raise some intense localization issues, especially with such a complex application as the Visual Studio .NET 2003 IDE.

Lastly, what''s with the presumption that Asians should know Chinese?
Hmm, I wonder if English C++ statements like ''if'', ''for'', ''next'' etc. are Xinoiseified in Chinese C. Learning that language would be a real challenge!

Mark
Sound Effects For Game Developers
http://www.indiesfx.co.uk
Flatspace is here: The ultimate space adventure
http://www.lostinflatspace.com
oicic, thanks for your replies!

I can read chinese but not that well, so it takes more time for me to choose the menus and create files. I was just wondering about this because if i can turn language into english then it''ll be easier for me to follow the tutorials i found on the internet.

my dad don''t know jack about computers, he just bought it without thinking that much

as for downloading cracked version, i woudn''t do that to waste my bandwidth limit and get cut off internet.

but i guess i can always get my dad to return it when he goes bak to taiwan in 2 weeks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement