has any one tried this language?

Started by
3 comments, last by supagu 19 years, 12 months ago
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ just wondering is it would work with existing opengl code...hrmm
Advertisement
It's been discussed here before.
One
Two
Three (This one is actually only about two weeks old.) edit: And it also mentions using OpenGL in D.

edit: oops. fixed borked link. Thanks, fredizzimo.

[edited by - SiCrane on April 20, 2004 12:37:22 PM]
Correct link for number three
I have a eerie suspicion that D zealots constantly register new names, and post crap like this trying to stir up support for their fledgling language.

Sheesh. hype.
Uh chill out C Junkie, I've seen this guy before, and he is mentioning it cause it is on Slashdot. Everything is gonna be okay man.

Now for some useful content. People write OpenGL and DX stuff just fine in D, thanks to it adhering to C calling conventions. It can be linked with C libraries, however right now I consider it to be a bitch because you have to convert the header file into something that D can understand, and this is a manual process.

It looks like the future of unmanaged application programming, and you have to wonder what took so long to come out with it.

[edited by - antareus on April 20, 2004 3:51:45 PM]
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement