rotating 3d cube in assembly

Started by
31 comments, last by noob2asm 19 years, 11 months ago
Hey there, im lookin for the source code for a 3d rotating cube in assembly ? Know of links for reference or source code etc?
Advertisement
ummmm, why are you going to do it in assembly. if you using windows, it would be much easier to do it in DirectX ya know.

o yeah, sorry i didn''t actually answer your question
We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Do you want a wireframe cube or a filled cube? Flat shaded? Gouraud? Phong? Texture mapped? There are quite a few sources around the net for this stuff. Some names to look out for are VLA and OTM (two demo groups who wrote some docs about this stuff). I''m sure there''s something on gamedev about it..

cheers
sam
wire frame is the type that I am looking for
What is your current knowledge of programming and 3d graphics?
http://www.byte.com/abrash/
my current knowledge is null,just thought it would be fun to do it in assembly.

that link is that for assembly ?

[edited by - noob2asm on April 21, 2004 12:23:45 PM]
"my current knowledge is null,just thought it would be fun to do it in assembly."

It certainly IS null if you think doing it in assembly would be fun.

Try it first in a high level language.

Learn the techniques for displaying something, anything, using whatever API you have to hand (I wrote my first spinning cube in Delphi, just using the Timage and Ttimer components).

Then learn basic animation techniques.

When you have a spinning cube working in a high level language, you will then be ready to do it in assembler.

Don’t lose your ambition, just learn to walk before trying to fly.

Stevie

Don''t follow me, I''m lost.
StevieDon't follow me, I'm lost.
Even if you were to write the demo in assembly, you would probably still use GDI functions just like in C/C++ if you were creating a Win32 application. Other than the language syntax, it wouldn''t be a whole lot different than doing it in C, especially if the code was written with higher level MASM32 directives.
is there free alternative than the abrash code, since it is a pay for site ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement