VA in displaylist - for use on Ultra Sparc 10

Started by
2 comments, last by bucheron 19 years, 11 months ago
I need to code a project on Ultra Sparc 10 station (Sun). The card is pure s***, even the slowest PC card could beat this. I came across a page on Sun that says one can boost the performance by using vertex arrays -in- displaylist. The vertex arrays alone are nicely working, I tried on Windows with my FX5200, my arrays are correct. But when I put them in a display list, objects don't appear anymore. I have tried various "code configs". I'm currently using this, still no objects on screen with the display list. This optimization may seem odd but again, the Sparc card is one of the strangest hardware creatures I have ever met. // generate the display list m->displayID = glGenLists(1); glNewList(m->displayID, GL_COMPILE); glDrawElements( GL_TRIANGLES, m->faces.size()*3, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, m->facesIndicesArray); glEndList(); ... ... // setup pointers, call the display list glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, 0, m->verticesArray); glNormalPointer(GL_FLOAT, 0, m->verticesNormalsArray); glTexCoordPointer(2,GL_FLOAT, 0, m->verticesTexCoordsArray); glCallList(m->displayID); What's the correct sequence to setup a VA in a displaylist and render the thing ? [edited by - bucheron on April 20, 2004 6:39:22 PM] [edited by - bucheron on April 20, 2004 6:40:15 PM]
Advertisement
The vertex array is dereferenced and copied into the display list at compile time, so you must set and enable the vertex pointers before building the display list. And once compiled, you can forget about the vertex arrays and just call the list.
Ok, trying right now..

Doesn't work :] Nothing on the screen. Has anyone an example or a source for doing this ?

[edited by - bucheron on April 21, 2004 8:27:38 AM]
What does glGenLists(1) actually return?
I think I''m having a similar problem, and it seems to basically be claiming that there aren''t any available lists when I start my program... which seems screwy... Either Sun''s implementation is faulty, or there''s something we''re both missing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement