Mongolian War - FPS game idea

Started by
10 comments, last by WaterMelon34 19 years, 12 months ago
Hey, me and a few friends came up with a very cool idea for an FPS war type game. Ok, you start out with a team of 10 wacked out Mongolians and you are Yakumi Shmookie (the leader) and each one of you has special skills. Like, the supply man (not yet named) who has everything you need but you need to catch him, he runs around with a huge backpack and shoots at people with a crappy pistol. If you ask him for ammo he says ''I got ammo from the wazooo!" and you choose what ammo you need. There is the grenadier, he has stubs for hands and feet (he can run extremely fast) he has grenades on his chest and stomach so he must take them off with his stubs, bite the pin off and actually try to throw it somewhere other than where he is (he''s crazy, he speaks gibberish because his tongue was blown off, and he even tries to kill you sometimes). We have lots of ideas like rival clans to battle, the Wung Tung Clan, Turtois Turtles, and etc. So you get to see some pretty funny animations. And, there is multiplayer (Who wouldn''t want to see a turtle and a Mongolian in a knife fight?). Of course there will be a LOT of never before seen features in a game like, catch 3 Death Star Rabbits (little rabits with helmets, grenades, bandanas, machine guns, etc), put ''em into a barrel and question them about their tactics, plots, carrot heists, and other evil vile things rabbits do. Please tell me what you think of this idea because we don''t know if we should really dedicate ourselves to it. (I don''t even know how to program a tetris clone but I plan to learn to before we start this.) Thanks!
Advertisement
i think you should learn to program first
Whatever.. It took me 2 days to learn to model.
This is my fourth week of learning C++ and I'm almost done every tutorial on cplusplus.com and starting some of the advanced tutorials on cprogramming.com so I don't think it'll take too long to make a tetris clone...

Don't worry about my skills just please tell me if this is a good idea or not.

[edited by - WaterMelon34 on April 20, 2004 11:53:17 PM]
Just as long as the "shock value" of the characters isn''t the only unique element in the game.

Once that wears off, people are going to expect something more than just a typical shooter underneath.
______________________________________________The title of "Maxis Game Designer" is an oxymoron.Electronic Arts: High Production Values, Low Content Values.EA makes high-definition crap.
Forgive my bluntness, but could you explain what exactly is so cool about this idea. No offense, but it sounds like something a couple of teens would cook up on a dreary afternoon when there''s nothing else to do. Anyway, what exactly will be the point of this game; if the point is just to blow the other players away, well, we don''t need another Quake-Tournament: Counterstrike LXXIII Online. Perhaps you do have a great idea underneath all this, however, I don''t see it.
"Quality games for quality people." - Company Motto
Were you under the influence of any drugs when you came up with this idea?
Well, when you posted this before I thought you were just trolling, but since you deemed it necessary to post it again, I''m beginning to think you''re actually being semi serious.

Since you seem bent on discussing this idea, I''ll leave this one open - for now. Personally I don''t see much merit in what you''ve posted so far, all I see is a bunch of ''whacky'' and ''zany'' ideas and nothing about what the game is actually about, and what makes it fun.

On a side note, humour alone is rarely enough to make a game fun - it has to be a good game underneath the humour, because jokes can get tired very quickly.
Sounds cool to me. If you work on it, it could come out nicely.

How will the game work, though?

Uberness...
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
We are still thinking about all of this stuff but, we are going to include physics like Half-Life 2's except not so good... lol. We are just gonna make you able to throw people around. Our engine currently WILL allow up to about 46 models per level. I'll keep you guys posted with Demos and stuff if you want.

Thanks for the feedback, and humor is not the only thing in this game, there is also gonna be awesome hand to hand combat as well as weapon combat (There will be a LOT of weapons, about 40 is what we want, and about 60 maps) with a rich and deep story.

Also, should I make it realistic looking or cartoony like Rachet & Clank?

(All this engine stuff will be done when I learn to program properly)

What do you mean by "How will the game work"?

d^_-b

[edited by - WaterMelon34 on April 21, 2004 7:43:06 PM]

[edited by - WaterMelon34 on April 21, 2004 7:44:06 PM]
I believe that cartoony graphics would be the only way to go with a game like this. You''re shooting for some rather off the wall stuff and having highly imagery simply won''t fit in well (not to mention it''ll be a WHOLE lot easier to make cartoony models with your 2 days of modelling experience )
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement