Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micktaylormuzik

Hey Schreck...ya' want heavy?

I reckon this could be suitable for a speed/car type game intro. Whaddya think? It isn't yet 100% finished. Heavy Riff (739KB) Mick. Cool music for FILM, GAMES, MULTIMEDIA. Free mp3 samples at: http://micktaylormuzik.tripod.com [edit(AR): filesize] [edited by - Andrew Russell on April 26, 2004 7:43:49 PM]

Schreck is a fellow composer who frequents these forums and him and I are trying to ''out-heavy'' each other. No that''s stupid, we''re not at all. Sorry, I''m stupid.

Cool music for FILM, GAMES, MULTIMEDIA.
Free mp3 samples at:
http://micktaylormuzik.tripod.com

Hmmmn.

It might pass for the menu music. It really isn''t right to drive along to.

First of all, racing music should always be slower than you think it needs to be. Your''s is actualy slow enough, but you can probably afford to make it slower.

I don''t like the guitar, it''s too muddy. And lose the "yeah! yeah!" effect.

The lead isn''t too bad, I''d leave that in.

And finaly, definatly needs more bass.

So yeah, clean up the guitar, find something to replace the "yeah!" business, and then experiment with different tempos, and you''ve probably got a good racing track.

quote:
Schreck is a fellow composer who frequents these forums and him and I are trying to ''out-heavy'' each other. No that''s stupid, we''re not at all. Sorry, I''m stupid.
I feel like a legend. LOL!

quote:
I don''t like the guitar, it''s too muddy. And lose the "yeah! yeah!" effect.
I agree about the guitar sound,but thats up to the persons taste. And the "yeah! yeah!" is cool as hell! I dig it!

-schreck

www.schreckcmusic.com

More bass? What system are you listening through? Anymore bass would be overkill. Play it through a system with decent subs and you''ll see what I mean. And with the guitar tone, thats fair enough but I challenge anyone to get a better/heavier DI tone from a Digi-Tech RP50. It''s all I have to work with for now (until I get my V-amp) unless I mic up my amp which I only do for serious projects.
Thanks for the comments guys.

Cool music for FILM, GAMES, MULTIMEDIA.
Free mp3 samples at:
http://micktaylormuzik.tripod.com

Guest Anonymous Poster
I''d say the bass definately doesnt seem to be coming out of the mix and is hardly recognisable. And I''m listening thru a system that I''m familiar with. I also think the guitar could be EQ''d slightly better so that its not as muddy. It could be this thats making the bass less noticable

Guest Anonymous Poster
I downloaded it and Im getting heaps of bass thru my system and i dont even have subs......! i reckon it sounds dang heavy for a di recording. Well done micktaylor. differnt strokes for different folks....

The only thing I would say is that there seems to be a big gap in the sound between the guitar and the electronics. If this was one of my songs I''d add some mids to the guitar and cut the bass, to bring the guitar up towards those electronics a little. I''d boost the low end (90hz or so) on the kick drum to help compensate for the reduction in low-end.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
heavy - http://www.earache.com/bands/decapitated/mp3/the_fury.mp3

The music is heavy but the vocals are absolutely horrible!

Reminds me of that StaticX Song which made it to the soundtrack of NFS Underground.

Hehe..not too bad Just the guitar needs a bit of work....agreed, its very muddy.

....my coveted Aussie brotha in arms!....

-s

www.mp3.com.au/scottbuckley

[edited by - Buckles on May 13, 2004 8:17:40 PM]

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
quote:
heavy - http://www.earache.com/bands/decapitated/mp3/the_fury.mp3

The music is heavy but the vocals are absolutely horrible!

Guess ive been desensitized way too much, the vocals sound great.

quote:
Original post by micktaylormuzik
And with the guitar tone, thats fair enough but I challenge anyone to get a better/heavier DI tone from a Digi-Tech RP50. It''s all I have to work with for now (until I get my V-amp) unless I mic up my amp which I only do for serious projects.

Wow. I''m so sorry. I''ve used those things before. They can be helpful, but the distortion you get out of them is the definition of digital-sounding distortion in my opinion. I used to use my Boss MT-2 pedal, but then I got a new 120-watt Crate with REALLY nice, natural distortion! ^_^
You can hear it in Blasting 3. How''s that for heavy? ^_^