Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnnyl_ro

Texturing problems

I have a problem with texturing on md2 models. I use NeHe''s Ipicture function for loading textures from any type of image. The problem is that when i run the game the texture flickers on the model, on all models. It looks like the texture coordinates change constantly, but they don''t, I checked. Also, I tried running the game on a TNT2 M64 32MB and it works just fine(no flickering). It only flickers on a GForce2MX(haven''t tried it on other video cards). Does anyone know why?

Are you completely sure it''s the textures themselves that are causing the problem? It seems to me like some sort of buffering problem, but I take it you already have the buffer set up correctly. I''d say look through exactly what you''re doing at each time you render your scene, and see if anything that would cause that is happening. The textures themselves shouldn''t flicker, since you only load them once and then they''re a normal texture object, and so if they were loaded badly they''d simply not work.

<-- that''s still a link if you didn''t notice
"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall." - Grizwald