Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mesh colision

This topic is 4986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I am having a bit of trouble detecting when my meshes collide I am currently using D3DXIntersect function It is informing me that my point is always colliding with the mesh. Which is not the case. Although I can get it so say I am not connected when I am if I use a square route to distance calculation. I could reverse this and it would then tell me that I am colliding with the object. Although this still duos not help me work out what is going wrong with the D3DXIntersect function if it says I am always collided. So I was wondering if any one knew of any good web page tutorials on how to use the D3DXIntersect function correctly. Any other methods or functions of checking mesh collision detection. I was also wondering if there was any way of checking if a mesh has collided directly with another mesh. Rather than cheeking for a point or using shears. Im thinking I want to make the code easy. Rather than having to make one lol so if any one knows of mesh to mesh direct collision. Or any other mesh related collision stuff. Thanks The rolf

quote:
Original post by maddnig

Hello
I am having a bit of trouble detecting when my meshes collide
I am currently using D3DXIntersect function
It is informing me that my point is always colliding with the mesh. Which is not the case. Although I can get it so say I am not connected when I am if I use a square route to distance calculation. I could reverse this and it would then tell me that I am colliding with the object. Although this still duos not help me work out what is going wrong with the D3DXIntersect function if it says I am always collided.

So I was wondering if any one knew of any good web page tutorials on how to use the
D3DXIntersect function correctly.

Any other methods or functions of checking mesh collision detection.

I was also wondering if there was any way of checking if a mesh has collided directly with another mesh. Rather than cheeking for a point or using shears. Im thinking I want to make the code easy. Rather than having to make one lol so if any one knows of mesh to mesh direct collision.

Or any other mesh related collision stuff.

Thanks

The rolf

This might sound a little complicated, but it might be a good exercise to implement this stuff yourself! You would certainly learn alot!

You could search on google, I''m sure you will find a good amount of information on the implementation of mesh collision.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com

lol thanks mate.

iva already started doing it. as after serching i found noting on it well mesh to mesh, i was just trying to find out if there was a less time consiming method than programing it all my self.

although i will probaly go back to bounding box and spheares on it in the final implementation. as it would be quiker than the mesh to mesh , especialy in large meshes.

thought my make a custom mesh bounding box algarithem to create a shaped bounding box around a complex mesh.

so ill just cary on with what im doing then.
if any one els has any suerjections feel free to throw them at me

the rolf

lol thanks mate.

iva already started doing it. as after serching i found noting on it well mesh to mesh, i was just trying to find out if there was a less time consiming method than programing it all my self.

although i will probaly go back to bounding box and spheares on it in the final implementation. as it would be quiker than the mesh to mesh , especialy in large meshes.

thought my make a custom mesh bounding box algarithem to create a shaped bounding box around a complex mesh.

so ill just cary on with what im doing then.
if any one els has any suerjections feel free to throw them at me

the rolf