Is learning to write games in dos worth it?

Started by
35 comments, last by kikkler 19 years, 12 months ago
quote:Original post by Vigo
I think some of us have forgotten where everything started, and doesn''t end
-Vigo

You mean with the punch-cards and the 10-ton computers with lots of flashing lights?

--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Advertisement
I mean where everything you know now came from

Punch cards and 10-ton computers, lets just say thats a little too far back and doesn''t relate to almost anything anymore
-Vigo
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
quote:Original post by Vigo
I think some of us have forgotten where everything started, and doesn''t end
-Vigo

You mean with the punch-cards and the 10-ton computers with lots of flashing lights?
Hey, they used tapes too.
And of course you shouldn''t forget on computars that, when there was power failure on the weekend, were able to continue most of its work on monday, when operators returned on theirs posts.
(around 10 processes continued, 2 were restarted)

Ahh yes, those were the days.
-Vigo

[edited by - Vigo on April 24, 2004 11:47:12 AM]
Wow, this whole thread is useless. Congratulations guys, You''ve perfected the art of thread hijacking.
Thanx *_*

You know, we are a little senile, and like to remember that old days when 64 kb RAM was a lot.
quote:Original post by C-Junkie
Wow, this whole thread is useless. Congratulations guys, You''ve perfected the art of thread hijacking.

Well you know, thats what happens when people neglect what they see in front of there eyes, and only see there point of view. Changing the subject is sometimes the end result

But I guess i''m just one of those old guys who like to see change, but remember where everything came from..heh. I guess i''m one of x amount of people, so i''ll just mark my vote on the _dos first_ side of things ..you know this really should be a poll of some sort.
-Vigo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement